Where Do Things End With Vlad? (h/t romad1)

chasfh

29 minutes ago, romad1 said:

I don't want to be too optimistic.  Too many will die.  ("the good seems fucking cheap")  But, plenty of evidence that Russia is going to have trouble over the long haul.

Another thing to be wary of.  Russia has plenty of vectors to bring in sanctions busting resources.  Blocking those will be work for the Free World.

Yes, too many lives have been ruined and/or needlessly suffered already.  Best thing possible is for Putin to be put down.

29 minutes ago, gehringer_2 said:

as long a shot as it is, Ukraine's best hope probably is still that something inside Russia changes. That seems impossible, but things like that always do until they happen. 

Maybe some disgruntled oligarch in Putin’s inner circle can get his hands on a rogue batch of Novichok. 

2 hours ago, Tiger337 said:

That is weird because you would think that a strong respected president would be loved by the military.  

I think you mean the strongest most respected president ever seen many are saying

Edited by pfife

58 minutes ago, gehringer_2 said:

as long a shot as it is, Ukraine's best hope probably is still that something inside Russia changes. That seems impossible, but things like that always do until they happen. 

Ceauşescu still seems like the best model. Leader to dead in less than 96 hours 

2 hours ago, romad1 said:

we've known that the convoy was a signifier of inept battle drill and logistics and this guy's thread indicates it also is a signifier of Potemkin village preventative maintenance as well.   The Russian Army that can't rely on any truck tires coming from overseas is fuQQed

Levels of esoteric knowledge on military tires reached that makes the average Comiccon discussion of Marvel Canon seem trivial

A $1,000,000 bounty for the arrest of Russian President Vladimir Putin was offered to military officers by Russian entrepreneur Alex Konanykhin in a post he published on social media this week, as Russia continued its invasion of Ukraine.

"I promise to pay $1,000,000 to the officer(s) who, complying with their constitutional duty, arrest(s) Putin as a war criminal under Russian and international laws," wrote Konanykhin on LinkedIn. "Putin is not the Russian president as he came to power as the result of a special operation of blowing up apartment buildings in Russia, then violated the Constitution by eliminating free elections and murdering his opponents."

"As an ethnic Russian and a Russian citizen, I see it as my moral duty to facilitate the denazification of Russia. I will continue my assistance to Ukraine in its heroic efforts to withstand the onslaught of Putin's Orda," added the businessman. Orda is the Russian word for "horde," a predatory, plundering gang.

Source: Jerusalem Post

Thread to explain the cognitive dissonance among the conscripts and some of the professionals in the Russian army.  The first 1/3rd if you will.  The other 2/3rds are also suffering dissonance as well.  However, the adrenaline junkies in the special forces and airborne are suffering from the fact that they are being flung headlong into suicidal attacks.  The group of mercenaries (e.g., chechens) who are in this to feed their bloodlust are probably just fine.

Edited by romad1