Where Do Things End With Vlad? (h/t romad1)

chasfh

33 minutes ago, ewsieg said:

Why should Zelensky cede anything if NATO agrees to go to war with Russia?  Minds well march in there without the backdoor reasoning and take all of Ukraine, including Crimea back.

Zelensky has been trying to draw NATO and the US into this war.  Who can blame him but thankfully we've stayed out of it.  Once we get involved it will no longer be a small war.

2 hours ago, ewsieg said:

Why should Zelensky cede anything if NATO agrees to go to war with Russia?  Minds well march in there without the backdoor reasoning and take all of Ukraine, including Crimea back.

War with Russia will only go so far. Are you expecting NATO to march into Russia proper?

And Russia will NEVER lose Crimea. They will resort to nuclear weapons before that has any chance of happening.

2 minutes ago, gehringer_2 said:

the point holds, but I'd still wouldn't call what they have a *small* war!

You're right. Its really not small but it wll get a lot bigger if we get involved.  At the very least Russia will hit European countries and possibly the US too.

The Russian military is dead.  They are just a charade of what they used to be.  They have been completely gutted by corrupt officials.   Seems like all the money for maintenance has been diverted away and into personal Swiss bank accounts.

I don’t want to play chicken and find out but I doubt their nukes are even operational anymore.   Some crooked general probably sold their plutonium on the black market.  

41 minutes ago, romad1 said:

The back and forth about the negotiations has me a little scared that Ukraine is going to let Putin off the hook. 

Honestly, the negotiations seem mostly like Kabuki theater to me... so long as His Czarness isn't personally involved anyway.

4 minutes ago, mtutiger said:

Reminds me of ballmich

So, anti-semitism and racism along with his anti-democractic views. 

He was a very important intellect in the formation of the post-cold war Army.

https://www.amazon.com/Breaking-Phalanx-Landpower-Bibliographies-American/dp/0275957942/ref=sr_1_2?keywords=douglas+macgregor&qid=1647477522&s=books&sprefix=douglas+mac%2Cstripbooks%2C66&sr=1-2

i am reminded that a couple of the key mid-century military intellects had anti-diluvian views that placed them outside the realm of acceptable behavior.  JFC Fuller for example:

Major-General John Frederick Charles "Boney" Fuller CB CBE DSO (1 September 1878 – 10 February 1966) was a senior British Army officer, military historian, and strategist, known as an early theorist of modern armoured warfare, including categorising principles of warfare.[1][2] With 45 books and many articles, he was a highly prolific author whose ideas reached army officers and the interested public. He explored the business of fighting, in terms of the relationship between warfare and social, political, and economic factors in the civilian sector. Fuller emphasised the potential of new weapons, especially tanks and aircraft, to stun a surprised enemy psychologically.

Fuller supported for the organised British fascist movement. He was also an occultist and Thelemite who wrote a number of works on esotericism and mysticism.