Where Do Things End With Vlad? (h/t romad1)

chasfh

1 hour ago, Archie said:

Looks like they only sanctioned people that make money off Russia.  Surprised Hilary is on the list after all the uranium she sold to Russia. Putin must have a short memory.

Hillary sold Russia some of her own personal uranium? I understand the Clintons are evil baby-eating satanists and everything, but who knew they had their own uranium farm?

1 hour ago, chasfh said:

Hillary sold Russia some of her own personal uranium? I understand the Clintons are evil baby-eating satanists and everything, but who knew they had their own uranium farm?

Not only was it her uranium, but she killed three people to get it.

38 minutes ago, romad1 said:

Oh my

This Blinken, Sullivan team are not fooling around.

Xi is about to have a COVID explosion on his hands, and at this point Putin has become a PR liability he doesn't need while trying to keep the skids greased for his third term. I know it blows up the conventional wisdom, but I'm thinking China really is about to throw Russia overboard. And really, it's probably just XI, I bet most of the rest of Chinese leadership would rather drop Xi's 'us against the world' paradigm - it's bad for business.

Edited by gehringer_2

20 minutes ago, gehringer_2 said:

Xi is about to have a COVID explosion on his hands, and at this point Putin has become a PR liability he doesn't need while trying to keep the skids greased for his third term. I know it blows up the conventional wisdom, but I'm thinking China really is about to throw Russia overboard. And really, it's probably just XI, I bet most of the rest of Chinese leadership would rather drop Xi's 'us against the world' paradigm - it's bad for business.

I'm thinking along these lines as well.

Couple things:

1) China is heavily energy-dependent. That doesn't necessarily make them "friends of Putin". But it does mean they won't completely shut him out either. And Putin is now a "way-over-the-top-liability" right now. So... China can mediate between Ukraine & Russia as they will try to balance both sides (To China: Ukraine and by default the EU = Trade; Russia = Energy). I wouldn't rely solely on them because of Xi and his love of Putin's dictatorship. I don't think China will be completely impartial. But because of this unjustified war and the enraged EU and US... China will be very limited in financial or other support for Russia. And will not be the friend that Putin thought he had. As evidenced by Blinken's strong-armed diplomacy on China as noted by Romad's post above. It's a complicated position for China to be in. Which to your point... doesn't bode well for Putin/ Russia.

2) Worse, for Russia... China is still energy-dependent as I just noted... But I would hate to be the Russian negotiating a sale of oil & gas to China: "Sure, we will purchase a bit more, but all our purchases must be at a 40% discount to market price. Final Offer".

Edited by 1984Echoes

This is as the most recent news I saw said China is attempting to show they are being neutral.  Absolutely agree with this analysts views.  Additionally, I would say Biden should put Saudi Arabia on blast for their snub of him.  We do need them, but not as much as they need us.  You don't want to help out with oil?  I think it's time you get the hell out of Yemen and we're sending the same arms package we gave to Ukraine to Yemen, how do you like me now?

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Archie said:

Looks like they only sanctioned people that make money off Russia.  Surprised Hilary is on the list after all the uranium she sold to Russia. Putin must have a short memory.

Hillary didn't sell uranium to Russia.

Glad to help chief