Where Do Things End With Vlad? (h/t romad1)

chasfh

13 hours ago, romad1 said:

Its going to be interesting to see the Putin wing of the GOP in the primary season.  If this doesn't break their backs, I don't know what would. 

All depends how successfully the electorate’s attention is diverted from this and onto something probably far less consequential, like trans athletes in women’s sports.

1 minute ago, romad1 said:

wait whut?  

I'm embellishing a bit, the original proposal would have allowed Snyder to spend $1 Billion on the stadium, hotels, shopping, etc. It's been trimmed back, But this seems to be Youngkin's pet project...

https://www.washingtonpost.com/dc-md-va/2022/03/08/virginia-commanders-stadium-financing/

Between that and the state school superintendents unanimously condemning things like the Governor's Tip Line....   

Random this morning.  I read a couple posts about the Tigers going to Outback Steakhouse for their FA pickups (what was Javy Baez?) and then I decided I wanted that for dinner and my buddy asks me:  "what is their stance on Russia?" and I looked it up and they apparently are not in the Russia market. 

However, the Outback Steakhouse Pac does give to GOP candidates more than any other party (you'd expect them not be major contributors to Angela Davis or Gus Hall).   So, I went on OpenSecrets and made sure no money went to the bad 8 GOP candidates who voted against revoking most favored nation trade status.

https://www.opensecrets.org/political-action-committees-pacs/outback-steakhouse/C00253153/candidate-recipients/2020

I see an Elise Stefanik in there (she was not a bad 8 member but has been awful wrt impeachment) but I also see some key impeachment votes like Gonzalez and Riggleman

So, when I searched on twitter I got this hit

Edited by romad1

4 minutes ago, romad1 said:

Random this morning.  I read a couple posts about the Tigers going to Outback Steakhouse for their FA pickups (what was Javy Baez?) and then I decided I wanted that for dinner and my buddy asks me:  "what is their stance on Russia?" and I looked it up and they apparently are not in the Russia market. 

However, the Outback Steakhouse Pac does give to GOP candidates more than any other party (you'd expect them not be major contributors to Angela Davis or Gus Hall).   So, I went on OpenSecrets and made sure no money went to the bad 8 GOP candidates who voted against revoking most favored nation trade status.

https://www.opensecrets.org/political-action-committees-pacs/outback-steakhouse/C00253153/candidate-recipients/2020

I see an Elise Stefanik in there (she was not a bad 8 member but has been awful wrt impeachment) but I also see some key impeachment votes like Gonzalez and Riggleman

So, when I searched on twitter I got this hit

When I told my buddy about all this work I'd done he sent me this

243578950_302652098375821_66459319417332

• Like 1

This war exists in the imagination. 

In his mind Putin believes it is a mid-20th century war or one like the Red Army might have launched in the Central front of Germany.

In the mind of the Ukrainian people this is the American Revolution or any number of other wars of liberation in which a lavishly-funded popular revolution fought a floundering global power.

In the mind of the Putin Wing of the GOP its a distraction from Hunter Biden's laptop.

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, CMRivdogs said:

Scary 

I bet when they were tracking it they were relieved when it hit and didn't have a nuclear warhead in it. I still think Putin is testing the US and will keep pushing the limits because he wants war with the US.  I don't beleive he respects or fears Biden.  The way his military looks he better fear the US military.

9 minutes ago, Archie said:

I bet when they were tracking it they were relieved when it hit and didn't have a nuclear warhead in it. I still think Putin is testing the US and will keep pushing the limits because he wants war with the US.  I don't beleive he respects or fears Biden.  The way his military looks he better fear the US military.

“I go by the facts and evidence that has been presented.” - Archie

Your evidence?

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Netnerd said:

“I go by the facts and evidence that has been presented.” - Archie

Your evidence?

Putin keeps pushing the limits hitting civilians, hospitals and other civilian targets.  This isn't our war to fight and staying out it is about the only thing the Biden admin has done I agree with.  It doesn't change the fact that Biden is extremely weak and Putin takes advantage of that.

You are taking a quote from a topic that facts and evidence were available.  It has nothing to do with this but go ahead and twist my words to fit your game.  

14 minutes ago, Archie said:

Putin keeps pushing the limits hitting civilians, hospitals and other civilian targets

correct data, but that isn't the spin I would give it. It's standard Russian operation procedure to try to beat a civilian population into submission when the probability of winning on the battlefield starts to waver. And Putin is more than glad to go that route because we have to remember that he draws his understanding of state morality in a straight line from Genghis Khan. All decisions have complex antecedents, but I would guess this fact figures higher in Putin's decisions right now that whatever he is thinking about the US. It can also be read as sign of relative desperation because the last thing his generals want is to give the West a real world look at his best/most secret capabilities.

Edited by gehringer_2
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Dan Gilmore said:

People who say something is a fact, when it is merely their deeply f’d up opinion are full of shit.

Its easy for the out of power party to play those games.  Requires no evidence, no cost, no discipline.  Just backseat drivers yapping away like a crazed Aunt Edna. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Archie said:

Putin keeps pushing the limits hitting civilians, hospitals and other civilian targets.  This isn't our war to fight and staying out it is about the only thing the Biden admin has done I agree with.  It doesn't change the fact that Biden is extremely weak and Putin takes advantage of that.

You are taking a quote from a topic that facts and evidence were available.  It has nothing to do with this but go ahead and twist my words to fit your game.  

I’m not twisting your words. You stated a principle by which you claim to abide.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Netnerd said:

I’m not twisting your words. You stated a principle by which you claim to abide.

Zimmerman was prosecuted so there was a trial where evidence and facts were presented.   Nice try twisting crap to fit your line but better luck next time.