The pet peeve thread

7 hours ago, chasfh said:

I wonder whether any state governments or unions toy around with road closures as leverage to get at each other during disputes.

Wasn’t there a spat some years back involving NJ Governor Christie regarding a bridge closing that was making life difficult for some people?
I don’t recall specifics but I think it originated in political differences.

22 minutes ago, 1776 said:

Wasn’t there a spat some years back involving NJ Governor Christie regarding a bridge closing that was making life difficult for some people?

yes

5 hours ago, 1776 said:

“Spat” , “bridge”, and “difficult for some people”  are really under-stated. lol 😁

the bridge was the George Washington Bridge during rush hour…. And difficult for “some” people were THOUSANDS, including any that were in ambulances.

Data:The George Washington Bridge (GWB), linking Manhattan to New Jersey, is one of the most heavily used bridges in the world, with daily traffic between 275,000 and 300,000 vehicles.

It was a really despicable political payback for Christie not getting a democratic mayor to support his re-election.

And, yeah, he got away with it by making some underlings his scapegoats.