Biden's presidency

ewsieg

There was a time, even before the 2020 election, where Trump literally just checked out with regards to Covid.  He stopped talking about it.   Just didn't even acknowledge it.   Stopped attending those public briefings. Stopped attending private briefings.   He ignored Fauci, and listened to Atlas.   He discouraged testing.  He pushed quack cures.   He was very slow on PPE and testing.   He berated mask wearing.   Woodward reported that he literally knew how contagious it was in Feb 2020, but went out there time and time again and lied about it.  

These are decisions he made with respect to covid, and they're just the ones I can think of off the top of my head quickly.   To roll up in here and give him a pass his disasterous economy b/c of covid is a joke.   It's because of how he handled (or didn't) handle covid that gave him his numbers and he deserves them.  Worst job numbers in almost 100 years.   

Edited by pfife
  • Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, pfife said:

There was a time, even before the 2020 election, where Trump literally just checked out with regards to Covid.  He stopped talking about it.   Just didn't even acknowledge it.   Stopped attending those public briefings. Stopped attending private briefings.   He ignored Fauci, and listened to Atlas.   He discouraged testing.  He pushed quack cures.   He was very slow on PPE and testing.   He berated mask wearing.   Woodward reported that he literally knew how contagious it was in Feb 2020, but went out there time and time again and lied about it.  

These are decisions he made with respect to covid, and they're just the ones I can think of off the top of my head quickly.   To roll up in here and give him a pass his disasterous economy b/c of covid is a joke.   It's because of how he handled (or didn't) handle covid that gave him his numbers and he deserves them.  Worst job numbers in almost 100 years.   

Well said. 2020 would have been absolutely challenging for any president. But Trump’s response (or lack thereof) to the pandemic is undoubtedly the most egregious thing I’ve seen in a presidency in my lifetime. That lack of leadership we are still dealing with today, as the seeds of doubt and trust in the medical community is still thriving today. It didn’t have to be like this. 

2 hours ago, pfife said:

There was a time, even before the 2020 election, where Trump literally just checked out with regards to Covid.  He stopped talking about it.   Just didn't even acknowledge it.   Stopped attending those public briefings. Stopped attending private briefings.   He ignored Fauci, and listened to Atlas.   He discouraged testing.  He pushed quack cures.   He was very slow on PPE and testing.   He berated mask wearing.   Woodward reported that he literally knew how contagious it was in Feb 2020, but went out there time and time again and lied about it...

Trump = Complete and total lying MF'ing F'Up. Moron. Imbecile. And I could do this 24/7, all day and all night long...

If anyone was interested....

😉

Edited by 1984Echoes

You guys sure get worked up by Trump but now you are living through the absolute worst POTUS in modern times.  Tell us one good thing Biden has done.  Actually we don't even know who's running the country since Biden doesn't seem to have the mental capacity to do it. He's just following someone elses direction as we've seen when he's been in public.  With how things are going the dems are handing the Oval Office back to the Republicans in 2024.  I just hope Trump doesn't run but instead backs a good candidate that's not Desantis. I think Kristy Noem or Nicki Haley would be good choice and that's not because they are women since I don't believe in giving people positions by race or sex.

2 hours ago, Tigerbomb13 said:

Well said. 2020 would have been absolutely challenging for any president. But Trump’s response (or lack thereof) to the pandemic is undoubtedly the most egregious thing I’ve seen in a presidency in my lifetime. That lack of leadership we are still dealing with today, as the seeds of doubt and trust in the medical community is still thriving today. It didn’t have to be like this. 

It's hard to overestimate how bad Trump actually was. In general a crisis hitting from the 'outside' like a foreign war or a pandemic is something any even half-way competent leader can use to vault himself into relatively stratospheric approvals - for instance look at what 9/11 did for 'W', who without it probably would have crashed and burned as a bumbler before his 1st term was up. The fact that we are talking about the pandemic making it hard on Trump's popularity is a total inversion of any normal politics.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Archie said:

You guys sure get worked up by Trump but now you are living through the absolute worst POTUS in modern times.  Tell us one good thing Biden has done. 

COVID relief bill, Vaccine distribution, Leaving afghanistan, raised minimum wage to 15 for federal workers, reversed Trump refugee bans,  sanctions for Solar Winds, reversed Trump first amendment abuses, sanctioned Myanmar, distributing disaster relief funding in a non-partisan manner

The list goes on.

4 minutes ago, pfife said:

COVID relief bill, Vaccine distribution, Leaving afghanistan, raised minimum wage to 15 for federal workers, reversed Trump refugee bans,  sanctions for Solar Winds, reversed Trump first amendment abuses, sanctioned Myanmar, distributing disaster relief funding in a non-partisan manner

The list goes on.

There have been Covid relief bills for over a year and a half.

Vaccine distribution is something that should be done by local areas and states.  Its been reported thathe t that the Biden admin is decided that so called blue states get medicines first.  Thats playing politics with peoples health and lives.

Afghanistan departure is a disaster.  There are still people there they left behind and won't help.  Private contractors are trying to get them back to the US and the Biden admin is blocking them.

Raising minimum wage just raises costs.  

Refugee bans were from counties that hate the US and want to destroy us.  Letting these people in just make out country less safe.  Thanks Biden for endangering my kids and grandkids.

First amendment abuse is something democrats thrive on.

The list goes on and on but you get the idea.  

According to this CDC website, https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/nvss/vsrr/covid19/index.htm

The week during Biden's presidency with the most deaths was 2/6/2021, with 16,966 Covid deaths.  Trump had 10 weeks that were worse than Biden's worse with the worst being 1/9/2021, with 25,953 deaths.   

But yes, COVID is the same as it was under Trump.   Please tell us more.

4 minutes ago, Archie said:

There have been Covid relief bills for over a year and a half.

The GOP had just gotten done failing to do one.   It was exactly what you asked for - a good thing Biden has done.  

Vaccine distribution is something that should be done by local areas and states.  Its been reported thathe t that the Biden admin is decided that so called blue states get medicines first.  Thats playing politics with peoples health and lives.

I get that you might not agree with it, but it happened, and it was exactly what you asked for - a good thing Biden has done.  

Afghanistan departure is a disaster.  There are still people there they left behind and won't help.  Private contractors are trying to get them back to the US and the Biden admin is blocking them.

It was the single largest civilian evacuation in military history.  Many many thousands of people evacuated.   In other words, It was also exactly what you asked for, a good thing Biden has done.  

Raising minimum wage just raises costs.   

It raises more than just costs, such as their wages.   It was literally a wage increase.  IT was also exactly what you asked for, a good thing Biden has done.  

Refugee bans were from counties that hate the US and want to destroy us.  Letting these people in just make out country less safe.  Thanks Biden for endangering my kids and grandkids.

Nope they weren't from those countries.   It was exactly what you asked for, a good thing Biden has done. 

First amendment abuse is something democrats thrive on.

Biden reversed Trump's cutting funding for cities that allowed protesting.   That's obviously pro-first Amendment, and also exactly what you asked for, a good thing Biden has done. 

The list goes on and on but you get the idea.  

Yep your list of baselessly parroted talking points goes on and on.   I definitely get the idea.  

reopening open enrollment on healthcare.gov also was a good thing he did.   ordered DOJ not to renew contracts with private prisons.   A good thing he did.   Strengthened Buy American rules.   Reversed the transgender military ban.   restored collective bargaining power to federal workers.  Required masks on airplanes & airports.   eviction moratorium extension.   Cancelled Keystone pipeline.  rescind the 1776 commission.   reversed the muslim ban.   

lotsa good stuff.  Thanks for asking, I had forgotten how much good he's done.   It's hard to keep track of it all.  

8 hours ago, pfife said:

rejoined the WHO and the Paris Climate Accords.   Both of those are good things Biden did.

The US dropped out of WHO and the PCA for good reason.  WHO helped China cover up covid and all they want in the PCA is our money.  If you want to believe these things are good that Biden has done you are either misinformed or clinging to false hope that your political party is succeeding.  Sorry but you haven't provided anything BIden has done good yet.   I'll keep waiting🙂