2022-23 Detroit Tigers Offseason Thread

chasfh

23 hours ago, Tenacious D said:

Of course you would—you spend time in a baseball online forum.  I agree that the majority of fans would not pay that premium, especially when the team is largely irrelevant due to lack of marquee players or winning baseball.

I wouldn't pay $10 for a buggy app that isn't available on my TV or on my PlayStation.  Not even for a good one.

But I would pay $20 on top of my MLB tv subscription if it got rid of blackouts.  Or as an add-on to my already existing Hulu or Amazon prime accounts.

I just don't want another damned app to switch through when wanting to watch a game.  I rarely stay 100% focused on a game and desire the ability to channel hop without it being a hassle.

Anyone who is a fraction less into baseball would likely share the same reservations.  MLB needs to figure this out.

1 minute ago, Turnbuckle said:

I wouldn't pay $10 for a buggy app that isn't available on my TV or on my PlayStation.  Not even for a good one.

But I would pay $20 on top of my MLB tv subscription if it got rid of blackouts.  Or as an add-on to my already existing Hulu or Amazon prime accounts.

I just don't want another damned app to switch through when wanting to watch a game.  I rarely stay 100% focused on a game and desire the ability to channel hop without it being a hassle.

Anyone who is a fraction less into baseball would likely share the same reservations.  MLB needs to figure this out.

if the regiona RSNs are defunct they need to just open up gameday into one national service - pay the fee, watch any game, anytime. Nothing better you could do for the fan base. Of course you are going to have teams that are too greedy to let their TV revenue come back to them through the league.

• Like 1

Kind of an interesting discussion on Baseball on TV. I did the whole cord cutting thing 3 years ago when I realized the only things I was regularly watching was baseball and some news programs with some vintage tv thrown in. 100% of the NFL I was watching was and is on standard broadcast tv. I got a modest priced digital TV antenna and got 66 channels on it when the weather is fair, about 40 when the weather is poor.

I have the Bally streaming package and watch the Red wings and Tigers on it. I think at 19.99 a month it is fairly priced. I have an excellent internet service, so the streaming service works fine for me.

54 minutes ago, HeyAbbott said:

Kind of an interesting discussion on Baseball on TV. I did the whole cord cutting thing 3 years ago when I realized the only things I was regularly watching was baseball and some news programs with some vintage tv thrown in. 100% of the NFL I was watching was and is on standard broadcast tv. I got a modest priced digital TV antenna and got 66 channels on it when the weather is fair, about 40 when the weather is poor.

I have the Bally streaming package and watch the Red wings and Tigers on it. I think at 19.99 a month it is fairly priced. I have an excellent internet service, so the streaming service works fine for me.

I did the same thing about 10 years ago, I live halfway between Buffalo and Toronto and could get all the stations that I watch for free.  10 years later, I need repair or replace...but not in February!  When the weather warms up I will have someone come over.  It's funny, I always got more channels when the weather was bad.

As a kid growing up in pre HDTV times I used to love monkeying around with my parents tower antenna to see what kind of TV channels we could pick up.  We lived in NW Ohio in a pretty flat open area.  Used to be able to pick up the Pirates, Indians and Expo games pretty regularly.  Then I got old enough to buy alcohol and date....I lost interest in night time baseball.

Did manage to watch the news from a TV station out of Nebraska... That was cool.

23 minutes ago, LongLiveMaroth said:

The puff pieces are getting an early start, so far the Freep has put out something about Colt Keith, Roberto Campos, Mario Feliciano, Cristin Santana, Diego Rincones, and Trey Wingenter. 

Trey wintgenter has a new changeup and it's unhittable.  

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, LongLiveMaroth said:

The puff pieces are getting an early start, so far the Freep has put out something about Colt Keith, Roberto Campos, Mario Feliciano, Cristin Santana, Diego Rincones, and Trey Wingenter. 

Hey, at least they are covering actual Tigers and not Harold Castro 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LongLiveMaroth said:

the Feliciano one is great; super bitter at the Brewers

after reading those pieces, you think it will hard for them to lose one game this year!

1 minute ago, RatkoVarda said:

the Feliciano one is great; super bitter at the Brewers

after reading those pieces, you think it will hard for them to lose one game this year!

He did seem quite bitter basically saying he never got a chance and wants to prove them wrong and I mean Colt Keith is a combo of Conor Mcgregor and Joey Votto so he should be in-line for the ROY at the very least.

3 hours ago, LongLiveMaroth said:

What are you complaining about? That's their job. Most fans want to read about players, especially ones that aren't too familiar. What do you want them to write about?

2 minutes ago, Longgone said:

What are you complaining about? That's their job. Most fans want to read about players, especially ones that aren't too familiar. What do you want them to write about?

I saw it as a humorous "it happens every year" comment rather than a complaint.  

Edited by Tiger337
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Longgone said:

Wasn't really complaining more of an observation that it seemed to be a bit early this year since we haven't even had pitchers and catchers report yet.