2022-23 Detroit Tigers Offseason Thread

chasfh

3 hours ago, RatkoVarda said:

the Feliciano one is great; super bitter at the Brewers

after reading those pieces, you think it will hard for them to lose one game this year!

I’ve read them all.  His was the only one that I was left, he’s really not very good and I hope he enjoys summers in Toledo (and Erie, eventually). He’s not blocking Dingler or Crouch, but I don’t think anyone else is coming up behind those guys.

5 hours ago, CaliforniaDreaming said:

And don't forget the annual "Franklin Perez is still here too" piece that came out already.

that one surprised me. His results in his limited outings last season didn't offer much reason to retain him, but I guess he was showing something to the coaches.....

With the sun out and 50 degree weather I found myself for the first time really this offseason looking forward to the Tigers starting up.

It sucks having yet another season of zero expectations but I'm still looking forward to seeing how guys like Greene, Manning and Tork fair and rooting for positive success from them. Would love to see one of them really break out like a Julio Rodriguez last year and grab national attention. 

Edited by RandyMarsh

3 hours ago, Sports_Freak said:

So everyone said we had all winter to replace Candy. Do we have a player to put at 3rd base yet? Someone to give us more production than Candelario did? The bar is low....

They got players that can maybe do more than he did in 2022, but not more than he did in 2020-2021.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Sports_Freak said:

So everyone said we had all winter to replace Candy. Do we have a player to put at 3rd base yet? Someone to give us more production than Candelario did? The bar is low....

I was part of the “be patient” brigade.  They did bring some guys in, but no one clear cut or who looks to be an upgrade.  I’m still convinced that Schoop moves over there for some games, with Maton getting more starts at 2B.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Sports_Freak said:

Odds are at least one of Maton, Malloy, Kreidler, Ibanez, Nevin, Lipcius, Short, or Hernandez will.

4 hours ago, Sports_Freak said:

Can't wait to see what Malloy looks like at 3rd and against MLB pitching...

Might be July-ish for that though...

11 hours ago, Edman85 said:

Odds are at least one of Maton, Malloy, Kreidler, Ibanez, Nevin, Lipcius, Short, or Hernandez will.

I think it depends on which Candelario you are replacing:

The 2022 version?

The 2020-2021 version?

The 2020-2022 version?

The career version?

The 2022 Candelario should be fairly easy to replace, but some of the other Candelarios more difficult.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, mtutiger said:

Cannot hurt to be stashed at AAA and see if he can improve a bit. Has big power, good arm and an athlete. 'Had' good plate discipline in the minors but not in his brief MLB stint.

Maybe they can help his 'contact' game a bit at Toledo.

Edited by alex

44 minutes ago, alex said:

Cannot hurt to be stashed at AAA and see if he can improve a bit. Has big power, good arm and an athlete. 'Had' good plate discipline in the minors but not in his brief MLB stint.

Maybe they can help his 'contact' game a bit at Toledo.

underwhelmed in the KBO, but hopefully he can be our new Trayce Thompson.

9 hours ago, Tiger337 said:

I think it depends on which Candelario you are replacing:

The 2022 version?

The 2020-2021 version?

The 2020-2022 version?

The career version?

The 2022 Candelario should be fairly easy to replace, but some of the other Candelarios more difficult.

Regardless of the question, one of those eight guys is likely to. Now, sifting through and finding the one who does.

I think Maton is being slept on, particularly by the "Harris didn't acquire a 3B" crew.

45 minutes ago, casimir said:

I absolutely hate 4 team divisions.  That said, these make sense.

I have better ones:

National League:

Frigidaire Division

Cubs, White Sox, Brewers, Twins

Border Patrol Division

San Diego, Arizona, Houston, Texas

California Dreamin' Division

Dodgers, A's, Giants, Angels (guess which state...?)

Grunge (or Grody, or Nirvana) Division

Mariners, Rockies, Royals, Cardinals

American League:

Patriots Division

Yankees, Red Sox, Mets, Phillies

In or Near Canada Division

Tigers, Guardians, Blue Jays, Reds

Appalachia EW Division

Pirates, Orioles, Nationals, Nashville (expansion team)

Hurricane Alley Division

Marlins, Rays, Braves, Charlotte (expansion team)