2022-23 Detroit Tigers Offseason Thread

chasfh

33 minutes ago, mtutiger said:

They may not find much of any, but its better than sitting around and doing nothing (which was the Avila approach)

My objection is that some continually keep drawing a line between Harris and Avila when this is a clear cut example of how the two are much different.

The one thing Avila did more of than the average GM was to sign minor league free agents, a frequently quick, easy, frictionless transaction about which I wrote here:

Now the question is whether they are actually done or may look to add one or two more pieces?

Wouldn't be surprised if they may shift to look to add a reliever along with another infielder still. Vierling should seal the deal for the OF

Edited by mtutiger

1 hour ago, mtutiger said:

Now the question is whether they are actually done or may look to add one or two more pieces?

Wouldn't be surprised if they may shift to look to add a reliever along with another infielder still. Vierling should seal the deal for the OF

Harris seems to be the type that he's never done, he is continually improving the roster by any means necessary.

• Like 1

They weren't going get anything overly exciting for Soto, but Maton and Vierling should make the roster and they are more exciting than Reyes and the Castros.  Maton might be their starting 3B.  Sands probably won't make the roster but he is more than just minor league depth.  

Edited by Tiger337
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Cruzer1 said:

Harris seems to be the type that he's never done, he is continually improving the roster by any means necessary.

A major complaint of Avila as he fell in love with his own average or less than average player acquisitions and sat on his ass instead of working the phones.

Harris seems the opposite as he is "never done" as you (and others, even himself) have put it and seems an apropo compliment.

I think Malloy will be the 3B'man even if it's not on Opening Day (May-ish? June-ish?) and then Maton will back up 2B-SS-3B. He's LH'ed versus the other 3 RH'ers so he could still play quite a lot... If anything, I think it's more likely he pushes Schoop out the door as Vierling/ Kreidler can also back up the IF positions. Schoop going out the door once/ if Malloy is ready for a regular spot in Detroit...

My guess...

42 minutes ago, 1984Echoes said:

I think Malloy will be the 3B'man even if it's not on Opening Day (May-ish? June-ish?) and then Maton will back up 2B-SS-3B. He's LH'ed versus the other 3 RH'ers so he could still play quite a lot... If anything, I think it's more likely he pushes Schoop out the door as Vierling/ Kreidler can also back up the IF positions. Schoop going out the door once/ if Malloy is ready for a regular spot in Detroit...

My guess...

I think Schoop is going to be on a short leash. Maybe he'll produce better under pressure.