2022-23 Detroit Tigers Offseason Thread

chasfh

I was reading Law's chat from last week and somebody asked him if he thinks Harris could turn it around and he said he heard good things about him but brought up how inept our previous regime was and said something to the effect of "Im concerned that he kept so much of the previous regime giving their struggles" 

I thought that was odd cause it seems like he's made a bunch of new hires and got rid of folks like Chadd who have been here for a while. He kept Garko and of course Hinch but I don't think those guys are who he is referring to when talking about the previous regime. Did Harris just keep a bunch of lesser known guys which is what Law is referring to or is he just off base here cause you know he hates the Tigers and all. 🙂

Edited by RandyMarsh

1 hour ago, RandyMarsh said:

I was reading Law's chat from last week and somebody asked him if he thinks Harris could turn it around and he said he heard good things about him but brought up how inept our previous regime was and said something to the effect of "Im concerned that he kept so much of the previous regime giving their struggles" 

I thought that was odd cause it seems like he's made a bunch of new hires and got rid of folks like Chadd who have been here for a while. He kept Garko and of course Hinch but I don't think those guys are who he is referring to when talking about the previous regime. Did Harris just keep a bunch of lesser known guys which is what Law is referring to or is he just off base here cause you know he hates the Tigers and all. 🙂

Menzin and Bream are white, which is a no go in Law's eyes.

I doubt he knows the player dev leadership was overhauled last year.

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, gehringer_2 said:

had they been offered contracts?

If they were offered contracts, their agents should be fired for incompetence for not accepting guaranteed money in 2023. Both guys are destined for NRI's next year.

Free agents automatically hit free agency the morning after the world series ends. Players with options or opt outs have the next five days to resolve. Minor League free agents become free agents five days after. This is all procedural stuff that people are reading waaaaaay too much into.

1 hour ago, Edman85 said:

Menzin and Bream are white, which is a no go in Law's eyes.

I doubt he knows the player dev leadership was overhauled last year.

Law is really good at what he does, but when you are a national figure covering 30 teams, it's fair to question how much his finger is on the pulse of the micro moves the Tigers have made.

17 minutes ago, CMRivdogs said:

I haven't seen this posted but looks like an interesting add to the coaching staff

Amusingly, I did not because I muted the phrase "personal news" on Twitter after so many people I don't follow ended up in my timeline for their personal news.

38 minutes ago, CMRivdogs said:

I haven't seen this posted but looks like an interesting add to the coaching staff

I've heard of some kerfuffles lately with the Twitters.  Isn't there supposed to be a blue checkmark for authenticity or some such or other?

Also, is it hops-pitching or hop-spitching?

Also, also, rehab pitching coordinator?  That doesn't seem like a one person job.

21 hours ago, buddha said:

not entirely.  you said people that live here dont agree with the perception of detroit.  i think the perception of detroit as you described it is largely accurate.

That's not how teams are built. Even the Yankees spend a ton on drafting and development.