2022-23 Detroit Tigers Offseason Thread

chasfh

8 hours ago, Tigermojo said:

I don't mind the deal from ATL's perspective if they get the Jiminez of 2022 but as we know and the article states he is extremely volatile. And yeah they'd no guarantee in prospects but he was regarded by many as their best position prospect so you think they could've gotten somebody more reliable than Joe.

With that said if Joe does repeat his performance and is a force in the back of their bullpen it will work out for them even if Justyn becomes an everyday player for us. They are too deep with young players there so he wasn't likely to play much anyway. 

I think Joe is a pretty good bet for the Braves because he did make some adjustments last year, pounding the top part of the zone more with heat and finding an extra tick on the four-seamer after four years of steady decline. I think Chris Fetter may have unlocked something in him. It’s up to whoever the Leo Mazzone is now on the Braves to keep that going.

39 minutes ago, Dino said:

I hope he doesn't turn out to be Travis Demerrite part 2. Ok Milb power, not fast, corner outfielder only.

I think what distinguishes him is his age, pitch recognition, quick ascent and strong performance in the AFL.  The only thing he has in common with Demeritte is the team we acquired him from.

Looking forward to see what he can do in a full season at AAA in Toledo.

• Like 1