Media Meltdown and also Media Bias 101

pfife

The thing about this indictment is that it really shouldn't be surprising... 

I blame Bill Barr to a large extent for why people averted their gaze....after he prebutted Robert Mueller's report, which mischaracterized what Mueller actually wrote in a lot of ways, the "Russia hoax" dialogue started to become the framing for any discussions around these subjects. Including in the mainstream press, many members of whom (for years) have taken to social media to apply labels like "resist libs" and "BlueAnon" to anyone who would ask any questions around the possibility of these influence operations happening.

Fast forward to today, and this indictment.... does anyone really think that this stops at just Tim Pool, Benny Johnson, and Dave Rubin? Anyone really believe that?

Edited by mtutiger

I think we are closing in on the stage where Republican politicians and voters finally admit that yes, Russia is helping them, but it's all in the service of Making America Great Again, because Russia is a white Christian country just as we are.

Lol, this is classic!

https://apnews.com/article/russian-interference-presidential-election-influencers-trump-999435273dd39edf7468c6aa34fad5dd

"After the indictments were announced, both Pool and Johnson issued statements on social media, which Rubin retweeted, saying they were victims of the alleged crimes and had done nothing wrong."

Yeah, they were the victims of receiving millions of dollars and blowing it on pole dancers and molly.

3 hours ago, chasfh said:

I think we are closing in on the stage where Republican politicians and voters finally admit that yes, Russia is helping them, but it's all in the service of Making America Great Again, because Russia is a white Christian country just as we are.

I suppose normalization of outright treason is the logical endpoint for the Trumplican program to normalize everything else that should be disqualifying.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, mtutiger said:

This is absolutely wild.

It really isn't the job of journalists to find or interpret meaning in a statement that has none

I recall when Obama was POTUS, he went to a diner or something and the person helping him was black.  Now everybody knows black people talk different with other black people.  So when the guy asked Obama if he wanted his change, Obama replied "Naw, we straight".  I don't remember if the reporters cleaned it up or not but I remember it being discussed on a page I used to follow, National Review's Corner, which was a running block where their folks would sort of comment on stuff.   They definitely didn't want them to clean it up because you know.... you gotta emphasize the guy is black and just like the mag cover of the Oval Office Fist Bump.... decorum in the WH went downhill once the blacks got in there, right?  There goes the neighborhood.  Pretty soon there'll be cookouts on the WH Lawn.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, oblong said:

I recall when Obama was POTUS, he went to a diner or something and the person helping him was black.  Now everybody knows black people talk different with other black people.  So when the guy asked Obama if he wanted his change, Obama replied "Naw, we straight".  I don't remember if the reporters cleaned it up or not but I remember it being discussed on a page I used to follow, National Review's Corner, which was a running block where their folks would sort of comment on stuff.   They definitely didn't want them to clean it up because you know.... you gotta emphasize the guy is black and just like the mag cover of the Oval Office Fist Bump.... decorum in the WH went downhill once the blacks got in there, right?  There goes the neighborhood.  Pretty soon there'll be cookouts on the WH Lawn.

image.jpeg.2afb6f3f98684cfb07fdb53e42a43003.jpeg