Week Eighteen: Detroit Lions (8-8) @ Green Bay Packers (8-8)

13 hours ago, MichiganCardinal said:

Not to be 'that guy', but if roles were reversed and a Lions defender shoved a Packers trainer in Lambeau on national television, for his second ejection of the season, for a very similar act........ he wouldn't get off without a suspension.

Yeah, I mean it you can rationalize things a bit... the players were amped up... the trainer initiated contact first and Walker was just sort of responding to that... it really wasn't that hard of a shove... and you could see he was upset as he was leaving the tunnel...

But you could also easily go the other way: It doesn't matter how amped up the players are, you have to be able to shut that off when the play is over. And you should never intentionally make contact with a non-player like that. It was a weak shove, but that still could have been enough to make the trainer lose his balance... what if Swift has a neck/spine injury and now here comes the trainer falling on him aggravating it?  And most egregious: This is the second time he's made physical contact with a trainer.

Honestly I would be fine with it being just a single game suspension, but I think it needs to be more than "just" a fine to get the point across.

1 minute ago, Motor City Sonics said:

If I was ever able to ask Cris Collinsworth a question it would be "How does Aaron Rodgers' schvantz taste?".   I mean he was slobbering all over it so shamelessly.        Worse than (submit CBS announcer here) talking about Coach K during the tournament.   

The worst was the end when he literally downplayed the Lions excitement, labeling it as “not the story here”…. Because Aaron Rodgers was - wait for it - …. Walking off the field.

6 minutes ago, Motor City Sonics said:

If I was ever able to ask Cris Collinsworth a question it would be "How does Aaron Rodgers' schvantz taste?".   I mean he was slobbering all over it so shamelessly.        Worse than (submit CBS announcer here) talking about Coach K during the tournament.   

there is nothing worse than jim nantz talking about coach k.  well, maybe dick vitale doing it.

there is no bigger fraud in sports than coach k.

Amazing how the Packers beat some suspect teams and suddenly they were this unstoppable force and the Lions being 7-2 was completely dismissed. I also like how they thought the hook and lateral was because the Lions had nothing to lose as if this team didn't run a pass play to Sewell with the game on the line and still very much in playoff contention.  

56 minutes ago, Motor City Sonics said:

You just need a little 13 18 in your life.

42 minutes ago, Motown Bombers said:

Amazing how the Packers beat some suspect teams and suddenly they were this unstoppable force and the Lions being 7-2 was completely dismissed. I also like how they thought the hook and lateral was because the Lions had nothing to lose as if this team didn't run a pass play to Sewell with the game on the line and still very much in playoff contention.  

I heard multiple times after the game that the Lions pulled an upset.  That surprised me.  I mean, I know GB at home in January... I honestly thought GB would win.  But I also thought it would be a very close game either way.  I suppose technically it's an upset if GB was favored to win by even 1 point, but usually 'upset' is reserved for a situation where it's more or less a foregone conclusion that one team will win.

21 minutes ago, RedRamage said:

I heard multiple times after the game that the Lions pulled an upset.  That surprised me.  I mean, I know GB at home in January... I honestly thought GB would win.  But I also thought it would be a very close game either way.  I suppose technically it's an upset if GB was favored to win by even 1 point, but usually 'upset' is reserved for a situation where it's more or less a foregone conclusion that one team will win.

the packers were almost a touchdown favorite to win at home (line went up to 6 in some places following seattle's win) in a must win game.  the lions have won only 3 times in the last 25 years or so in lambeau.  the pack are a public, popular team and the lions are known (if theyre known at all) as a train wreck franchise.

it was an upset to most people.  i didnt think the lions would win, so it was an upset to me too.

1 hour ago, Motown Bombers said:

Same with going for it on 4th down to close it out. While the FG would be closer other than that it was the same situation as the first Minnesota where Campbell vowed not to make the same mistake. 

Both times they were in position to close out the team with the first down or kick the fg to go up 7, the first time Campbell elected the latter and we know how that went. He said he wouldn't make that same mistake again and sure enough when the opportunity presented itself on Sunday in the same situation he didn't make the same mistake instead went for the 1st down and the kill. So that decision had nothing to do with us being eliminated from the playoffs and having "nothing to lose" like the announcers either outright said or insinuated.

5 minutes ago, buddha said:

the packers were almost a touchdown favorite to win at home (line went up to 6 in some places following seattle's win) in a must win game.  the lions have won only 3 times in the last 25 years or so in lambeau.  the pack are a public, popular team and the lions are known (if theyre known at all) as a train wreck franchise.

it was an upset to most people.  i didnt think the lions would win, so it was an upset to me too.

Gambling lines aren't supposed to be set based off what a franchise did when the current players were in grade school. That's just lazy booking. 

To me Im ok if you have the Pack favored based off the fact that Goff and the Lions offense has looked worse on the road and the last time they played in cold weather they got handed their asses by a so so Carolina team. 

I don't agree with making the Pack favored based off the Pack's then winning streak or because the Lions had history of struggling at Lambeau. What those previous regimes and players did means nothing to me nor should it.

I think Decker’s attitude last year was less about Sewell and more about fans and media questioning his toughness.  You know, people who don’t play football questioning the toughness of someone who does.  No one knows what his injury needs more than him and the team.  The team never seemed to waiver on him. 

7 minutes ago, sagnam said:

I think Decker’s attitude last year was less about Sewell and more about fans and media questioning his toughness.  You know, people who don’t play football questioning the toughness of someone who does.  No one knows what his injury needs more than him and the team.  The team never seemed to waiver on him. 

I agree, but it started with Sewell's selection. On both sides. Some of the first reactions to the pick were about how long it would be until he replaces Decker on the left side, and I think he took the pick at least a little bit personally. And then everything just compounded with his injury, and the fan criticism, and then his comments to the media.

So let me get this straight..............The NFL is admitting their officials fucked up the Rams-Seahawks game.............AND THE STORY COMES OUT THE DAY THE SEAHAWKS PLAY THE PLAYOFF GAME !

That's so fucked up all around to the Lions and the Seahawks too.    Maybe sit on this until after they are eliminated from the playoffs.  

"The Lions should be livid," one source told ESPN. "It was an awful way for them to end their season."

A league official told ESPN that the official who threw the flag did not have an angle that allowed him to see Williams being blocked into Dickson.

Later in the overtime period, Seattle's Quandre Diggs intercepted Baker Mayfield. Replays showed that Diggs pointed at former Seahawks and current Rams linebacker Bobby Wagner, but officials did not call a taunting penalty that would have pushed back Seattle 15 yards. The Seahawks instead started their final drive at their own 36-yard line and won on Jason Myers' 32-yard field goal.

I'm getting livid again just reading about it.