Detroit Lions Offseason Thread 2023

Mr.TaterSalad

https://theramswire.usatoday.com/2023/02/27/rams-jalen-ramsey-trade-peter-king-projection/

Peter King is quoted as saying:

My projection is the Rams could get something between a low first-round pick this year (Dallas, Buffalo and Kansas City could be interested, and pick between 26 and 31 overall) and a package of picks—perhaps a low two this year, and a fourth-rounder this year or next, that could rise depending on performance or play-time markers Ramsey could meet.

I think I'd jump at the option of a 2nd and 4th round pick for Ramsey.  If you could do the 55th over all and a 4th from 2024, would you do it?

54 minutes ago, RedRamage said:

https://theramswire.usatoday.com/2023/02/27/rams-jalen-ramsey-trade-peter-king-projection/

Peter King is quoted as saying:

I think I'd jump at the option of a 2nd and 4th round pick for Ramsey.  If you could do the 55th over all and a 4th from 2024, would you do it?

It might be hard for Les Snead to trade Ramsey to the Lions for less than a 1 when he's dealing with the bad taste of sending us a #6 (which he assumed would have been more like a #26). 

24 minutes ago, Motown Bombers said:

The Rams have no picks and a lot of money tied to aging stars. This thing could get ugly for the Rams. Here Stafford is in another rebuilding situation. The guy's whole career has been on a rebuilding team except for one season. 

One glorious season. 

I know he’d never trade it, but imagine living through a decade of clown shows only to leave and have the franchise turn the corner as soon as he leaves. He must be wondering what he could do with ASB and Jaymo and an OC who can scheme players into ten yard cushions. 

I also think it's lazy to just assume they wouldn't have won the SB without the Stafford trade. The Rams got extremely fortunate on who they had to face in the playoffs in their run.

The best team they faced was an injured Bucs team. They didn't have to go through any truly elite teams like most teams do on their way to a SB.

Edited by RandyMarsh

5 hours ago, Jason_R said:

One glorious season. 

I know he’d never trade it, but imagine living through a decade of clown shows only to leave and have the franchise turn the corner as soon as he leaves. He must be wondering what he could do with ASB and Jaymo and an OC who can scheme players into ten yard cushions. 

i hope he comes back to finish his career as a back up on a lions super bowl winning team, getting into a key game after the starter gets hurt and leading the lions to a great victory on their way to the promised land.

then he can retire and we can retire his jersey as the best qb the team ever had.

• Like 1

Stafford is only going to be on the Rams for two more seasons. He signed a massive contract extension. His cap hit this year is only $20 million but he would cost $55 million to cut. Next year his cap hit goes up to $49 million and they still would lose $6 million if they cut him. The earliest they could get of the contract is 2025. He'll be 37 and have a $50 million cap hit but the Rams could save $13.5 if they cut him. By then all their other stars will be gone or old and they would have had only one 1st round pick baring any trades. I think it's finally caught up with them. 

9 minutes ago, buddha said:

i hope he comes back to finish his career as a back up on a lions super bowl winning team, getting into a key game after the starter gets hurt and leading the lions to a great victory on their way to the promised land.

then he can retire and we can retire his jersey as the best qb the team ever had.

And the Bobby Layne Curse will be banished forever and ever, amen