Detroit Lions Offseason Thread 2023

Mr.TaterSalad

7 minutes ago, MichiganCardinal said:

Moseley was probably a top three pure slot corner on the market. He blew out his ACL last October, so obviously it's a prove-it deal, but the last time they signed someone to a prove-it deal it worked out pretty well.

Surprising they would bring Harris back along with Moseley. We may actually have depth at the CB position after the draft. 

A+ on that Cominsky deal, sort of cancels out the Anzalone slight overpay. Moseley is a terrific get too assuming that he's healthy. If they can get Jamaal back on a reasonable deal, this is an A free agency.

Edited by NYLion

Love the Cominsky deal by Holmes. Seems like a steal of a re-signing. I had posted earlier about Comisnky getting 2 years, $4 million with $2 million guaranteed and that seemed too low. So him only getting $4 million guaranteed seems closer to the low-ball number I originally thought he might get versus getting something north of $6-$7 million in guaranteed money.

Moseley is a lottery ticket to me.  Nothing bad about him but I’m not counting on much.  Even if he plays well, he seems destined to get injured.   If we are lucky and he can beat the odds and stay healthy, he’s a definite upgrade.   Worth the shot.

I also assume the 1 year deal for Will Harris doesn’t guarantee much and means he still has to earn a roster spot.   I still see them drafting a corner but probably not in round 1 anymore.  

10 minutes ago, Motown Bombers said:

I was thinking they may try Okudah in the slot. Harris gives them flexibility and I think he would be down on the depth chart if Mosely is healthy. They still need to address safety. Walker won't be healthy to start and will need to be eased in when he is healthy. 

I'm expecting Walker to be 100% by training camp. He's been active on Twitter throughout his recovery stating that he is ahead of schedule and that he hopes to be on the field by Spring camp (which is the same window Okudah used prior to 2022).

17 minutes ago, Hongbit said:

... I also assume the 1 year deal for Will Harris doesn’t guarantee much and means he still has to earn a roster spot.   I still see them drafting a corner but probably not in round 1 anymore.  

I don't think these signings change draft strategy.

3 minutes ago, MichiganCardinal said:

I'm expecting Walker to be 100% by training camp. He's been active on Twitter throughout his recovery stating that he is ahead of schedule and that he hopes to be on the field by Spring camp (which is the same window Okudah used prior to 2022).

I'd still like to spend another high draft pick (2nd/ 3rd?) on another safety.

26 minutes ago, Mr.TaterSalad said:

Are Mosley and Harris going to be competing for playing time in the slot?

Moseley is arguably better than Sutton when healthy, he's not competing for playing time. The only issue is that he might not start the season due to injury recovery (tore his ACL last October) but this is one of the top corners on the market had he not gotten injured.

Edited by NYLion

1 minute ago, NYLion said:

Moseley is arguably better than Sutton when healthy, he's not competing for playing time. The only issue is that he might not start the season due to injury recovery (tore his ACL last October) but this is one of the top corners on the market had he not gotten injured.

So Harris will serve as Mosley's backup in the slot?