Detroit Lions Offseason Thread 2023

Mr.TaterSalad

3 minutes ago, Mr.TaterSalad said:

So Harris will serve as Mosley's backup in the slot?

I think we'll see Harris only in nickel packages so it's likely we see both on the field at times. Could see Harris lineup outside at times.

Edited by NYLion

2 minutes ago, 1984Echoes said:

I don't think these signings change draft strategy.

I think it depends on what they think of Okudah. If they don't offer him his 5th year option (which I think they have to decide by May), then they will have a hole at starting corner in 2024 anyway, even if Sutton is still CB1. If they think Okudah is a starter of the future, whether by the 5th year option or otherwise, then we only need depth at the position (other than maybe the slot) until 2025. Corner is a position where you don't like to force a rookie into starting too early, so taking a corner could still play to their advantage.

I think the good thing draft-wise about signing Sutton and Moseley is that there is no longer a position group where the issue needs to be forced. At this point I don't see a group that you look at and say "if the Lions don't address this position in the draft, they're totally screwed."

It's a good spot to be in, because you can largely go BPA down the line and still be very competitive in 2023.

4 minutes ago, MichiganCardinal said:

... I think the good thing draft-wise about signing Sutton and Moseley is that there is no longer a position group where the issue needs to be forced. At this point I don't see a group that you look at and say "if the Lions don't address this position in the draft, they're totally screwed."

It's a good spot to be in, because you can largely go BPA down the line and still be very competitive in 2023.

Yes.

1 hour ago, Mr.TaterSalad said:

Darren Waller traded to the Giants for a 3rd round pick. That seems like a good deal for the Giants.

Been a fun few days for waller, must feel like teams have his back:

Plan to marry a woman who plays basketball in the same town but want to keep it secret.

Coach outs your plan to the media

Complain

Get your butt traded clear across the country 11 days after your wedding.