Detroit Lions Offseason Thread 2023

Mr.TaterSalad

32 minutes ago, Hongbit said:

His own agent couldn’t have sold it better.  

No, San Francisco announced he was going to be ready for training camp. We'll see when he gets his team physical before he signs the contract. Teams are usually pretty careful signing players coming off of injury.

38 minutes ago, Sports_Freak said:

No, San Francisco announced he was going to be ready for training camp. We'll see when he gets his team physical before he signs the contract. Teams are usually pretty careful signing players coming off of injury.

Saying he’s on track to be ready for training camp is way different than saying it was a minor injury and won’t have any impact on him going forward.    I hope it’s the case because he’s going to be a great pickup if he stays healthy.   I have my doubts though.  

Edited by Hongbit

This is a tough one for me. I think Montgomery is the better player and the much younger player as well but damn I loved Jamaal the person and culture fit. Probably good from a football standpoint but from a fan feeling standpoint, it kind of sucks.