Detroit Lions Offseason Thread 2023

Mr.TaterSalad

3 minutes ago, Hongbit said:

if they draft a back in round 1 or 2 expect them to trade Swift sometime on day 2 for a 4th rounder.  

I think that would be the smart move. Obviously Swift isn't getting the 2nd contract now (which we kind of knew already anyway) so might as well get a little value out of him and take the cheap contract rookie. 

2 minutes ago, Motown Bombers said:

Montgomery put up similar numbers to Williams behind a much worse offensive line. I like this move from a football perspective and I'll get over losing Williams. 

This is how I feel.   Montgomery also seems like Jamaal.  His teammates love him and he’s been a fan favorite with a super positive attitude.  

5 minutes ago, buddha said:

everyone hates this signing, but i dont mind it.  i think montgomery is a good back and the lions want to get off the bus running the ball.

I haven't seen a ton of football people hate on the signing. A lot of casual fans will hate it because they loved Jamaal, which, fair. We all loved Jamaal and he's irreplaceable... I think there is a lot of upside with Montgomery as a replacement though.

11 minutes ago, MichiganCardinal said:

I haven't seen a ton of football people hate on the signing. A lot of casual fans will hate it because they loved Jamaal, which, fair. We all loved Jamaal and he's irreplaceable... I think there is a lot of upside with Montgomery as a replacement though.

espn hated it.  your boys at walter football really hated it.