Detroit Lions Offseason Thread 2023

Mr.TaterSalad

1 minute ago, MichiganCardinal said:

Trivia time! What was the last pass Aaron Rodgers threw as a Green Bay Packer?

A Kerby Joseph interception.

That's why I wanted him to retire. I wanted his last pass to be an interception by the Lions that eliminated him. I also wanted him to be a footnote to Tom Brady when he entered the Hall of Fame. 

This whole circus is exactly what I need to get me through to draft day!

Couldn't happen to a more deserving franchise, either. So arrogant after 30 years of HOF QB play that they can kick a multiple MVP winner to the curb and think they’ll move on to another star. Now let’s hope this leads them to 30 years of QB purgatory. 

My fear is that GB will trade Rodgers and then be so bad next year they win the Caleb Williams sweepstakes and we'll have to deal with him for 15-20 years. 

Even if they don't get Caleb scouts are starting to hype up Drake Maye more and more and while not being an Andrew Luck type prospect like Caleb he is starting to sound like one of those once in 5 or so years type of guys and not just your typical top qb you get every year. 

So I want them to suck but atleast win 4-5 games.... preferably against the Bears and Vikes.

20 minutes ago, MichiganCardinal said:

I hate myself for turning this on. He's so dramatic, self-absorbed, and annoying. He just called himself the best player in Packers history.

Sounds like the Packers want to use everything that's gone down against the Jets. If Rodgers had decided to play for the Jets two weeks ago, this deal is probably done. Now they've gone and signed Lazard, watched all the other QBs sign elsewhere, and clearly have all their chips in one basket. Two weeks ago, everything was stacked against the Packers, and they needed to move Rodgers. Now, both sides need to get this done. Rodgers cost his future team all their leverage by being a drama queen.

I dunno that the Jets have lost all leverage.  If GB makes an impossible an impossible ask the Jets can pull away.  Yeah, it'll suck for them not having a top name QB and they'll have a very down year, but they could make the argument with their fans that they tried everything to secure Rodgers but GB was unreasonable.  Also at this point there's no real issue of some other team moving in and trying to make a bid for Rodgers.

And if the trade doesn't get done Rodgers retires.  I'm not sure what that does to the Packers cap situation, but at the very least they're not getting anything from him.  It's better to get a something from a trade, even if it isn't a kings ransom, than to get nothing.

I agree that the Jets are in a weaker negotiating position right now than two weeks ago, but I don't think it's a horrendous situation.

3 hours ago, digitalpigsmuggler said:

First round WR are expected to produce.  Josh reynolds and Raymond are your 3rd/4th guys on the depth chart. Which is fine. 

Swift and Montgomery are good pass catchers as well.

Chark is the x receiver, Williams is the z, St Brown is the y, Reynolds and Raymond, as you say are depth. Reynolds shouldn't be starting.

10 minutes ago, Motown Bombers said:

Word on the street is all of Denver's receiver are available. I would kick the tires on Courtland Sutton. 

I’d offer the 6th round pick they gave us in the Trinity Benson debacle.  

Edited by Hongbit
  • Like 1