Detroit Lions Offseason Thread 2023

Mr.TaterSalad

1 hour ago, NYLion said:

I guess it depends on how one sees the value difference between Simmons and #18. If we're purely using the Buckner trade as a baseline then Simmons is probably worth more than #18 so maybe a more minor return than the draft point charts would indicate to drop from 6 to 11.

So without looking at the charts currently, I would assume that it'll normally take roughly a 2nd to move up from 11 to 6 so I'd say that your 2nd trade of Simmons+#11+#72  for #6+#18 seems about right and would be a no brainer for me.

how?  

simmons = 18.

so youre giving up 6 for 11 and a third?  that really shortchanges detroit.  you would need 11 and their second round pick or a future 1 with detroit throwing in a late 3rd.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MichiganCardinal said:

I think signing Sudfeld increases the chances we draft a QB at some point in the draft.

I agree with this. I hope it is not early. Especially since we now need an X receiver, either in the draft or by trading for one. 

2 hours ago, buddha said:

how?  

simmons = 18.

so youre giving up 6 for 11 and a third?  that really shortchanges detroit.  you would need 11 and their second round pick or a future 1 with detroit throwing in a late 3rd.

Yes because I'm speculating that Simmons would be worth more than #18 straight up.

17 minutes ago, Jason_R said:

I agree with this. I hope it is not early. Especially since we now need an X receiver, either in the draft or by trading for one. 

The only QB I would feel very comfortable drafting in the high 1st is Stroud. If he slips to #3, I’m okay with trading up and taking him. He’s a better, younger, and more athletic version of Goff and could be a plug-and-play upgrade in 2024. It wouldn’t make much sense for 2023 though because you would figure he would come in as the QB2, not below Sudfeld.