Detroit Lions Offseason Thread 2023

Mr.TaterSalad

1 minute ago, gehringer_2 said:

I wonder what the interchage ends up looking like after the 375 removal? That space could gain or lose area, or no change at all.

Don't think that area will change at all. 375 really isn't even in the picture. 75 is running to the side and below that land. 375 really starts at the right of Ford Field. I think what ultimately happens is that from Gratiot south will be boulevard. 

2 hours ago, MichiganCardinal said:

There’s plenty of space on the outskirts of A2. Concordia owns more lane than they know what to do with. SHF lives in Ann Arbor, so that might make sense.

OK to the airport, but Ann Arbor to Northern burbs sucks as a commute for players and has every prospect of continuing to get worse.

Marvin at his age isn't going to put up Pro Bowl numbers but really he doesn't need to with ARSB and hopefully Jamo producing. We just need him to be his reliable self and be a guy who can get some of those 50/50 balls and move the chains. Still want a bigger outside receiver in the draft that could potentially provide more upside than Marvin but it isn't as pressing of need now in the short term.

Edited by RandyMarsh

In regards to the Lions facility move I'm almost certain that it will either be downtown or in Oakland County somewhere. I don't know if they gave a reason for the move but with how Campbell and Co. talk about Sheila caring about the players and listening to any grievances they may have I wonder if the drive to Allen Park was something the player(s) brought to her attention which is what sparked this move. If that is the case she surely is going to make the trip easier for the players that I assume mostly live out in the Northern Suburbs.

8 minutes ago, RandyMarsh said:

In regards to the Lions facility move I'm almost certain that it will either be downtown or in Oakland County somewhere. I don't know if they gave a reason for the move but with how Campbell and Co. talk about Sheila caring about the players and listening to any grievances they may have I wonder if the drive to Allen Park was something the player(s) brought to her attention which is what sparked this move. If that is the case she surely is going to make the trip easier for the players that I assume mostly live out in the Northern Suburbs.

I think it was more that the Lions ranked poorly in dinning facilities and not so great in strength room facilities. I think it's more about building a bigger and better facility. 

1 minute ago, Motown Bombers said:

I think it was more that the Lions ranked poorly in dinning facilities and not so great in strength room facilities. I think it's more about building a bigger and better facility. 

Didn't it also sound like they wanted to make a little money by having some spectator space, of which there is pretty much none at the current site?

Just now, MichiganCardinal said:

I expect they’ll stick pick up another in the draft as well. I don’t foresee Cephus making the roster and Jones is probably good for one season at most.

I believe they'll be picking a WR in the draft too. I'm still in on the idea of them drafting Quentin Johnston at #18 as a long-term option for our outside receiver.

11 minutes ago, Hongbit said:

I really like AT Perry from Wake In the 2nd or 3rd.   Great X option. 

Assuming they don't want to use a 1st on a WR like Johnston I like Petty, Cedric Tillman and Bryce Ford-Wheaton as potential 2nd-3rd round options that could fill that x role. 

Edited by RandyMarsh

6 hours ago, Mr.TaterSalad said:

If the Lions move their HQ to Detroit then the city should implement a wealth tax of 2% on all wealth over $50 million and should be capturing more resources for their low-income and impoverished residents. No reason that wealthy ownership and players can't pay their fair share.

so we can move to detroit and pay an extra $1 million per year in taxes for the privilege to do so?  sign us up!

lol.  get outta here.

1 hour ago, RandyMarsh said:

Anybody having to deal with the Southfield Freeway on a regular basis will understand the desire to move. Especially if they're commuting from Birmingham, Rochester etc...

• Like 1

3 hours ago, RandyMarsh said:

Marvin Jones back with the Lions. 1yr 3mill guaranteed, can make an extra 2 million in incentives. 

He fits the bill. His ceiling is not as high as Chark's but he will be more reliable and cheaper. 

They need depth at DT, CB, RG, RB, WR, TE, LB. But they can only address five of these positions in the early rounds. It will be interesting to see what positions get left out.