2021-22 Tigers Hot Stove League

RatkoVarda

I think it was one of the local guys, maybe McCoskey or Petzold who said it. 

TBH, I hadn't seen the Mariners linked to Ray before they signed him either, and one of them said that Ray wasn't gonna sign before the CBA expired because he was still set to meet with the Angels. 

So yeah, gotta take these guys with a grain of salt. It seems pretty fluid.

47 minutes ago, bobrob2004 said:

It's more reallocating.  Instead of having Manning and Correa, you will have Ray and another SS. 

No, its not reallocating. 

One costs you absolutely nothing but money. 

The other costs you money and talent at a position you don't even know you are set with/the one set up for injuries for "another SS" who could be nothing but a bust.

Edited by KL2

23 minutes ago, mtutiger said:

Honestly, if you want to see the Tigers take a run at Trevor Story, that may be best case scenario. But man, Semien and Seager both set the bar really high for SS signings.

Yes, this is how I see it.  I hope they can land Correa, but if not, Story would be awesome too.  Baez not so much, though clearly a huge improvement over what we otherwise would have, unless you really believe in Kriedler.

5 minutes ago, SoCalTiger said:

Texas really blew up the shortstop market. Greedy rangers had to have two of the five !

The market for Correa is certainly set now at 10 years and between 325 to 341. Does Mikie wanna play ???

At a minimum, we're likely gonna see how much of "The Tigers don't want to spend over $300 million" is posturing versus reality.

Edited by mtutiger