2021-22 Tigers Hot Stove League

RatkoVarda

12 minutes ago, buddha said:

as polarizing as iglesias and castellanos.

people will complain about him dogging it and making mental errors when he screws up a play by trying to make a spectacular highlight play on a routine grounder, or just messing up a play because he isnt paying attention.

most cubs fans i know are like "good luck with that roller coaster."  

i expect 250/300/450.  i hope for 290/350/500.  he's got power and speed and defense, but he'll swing at everything.  he'll drive you nuts.

One Cub fan you know guaranteed that we will love him.  😄

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Archie said:

Now that the SS position is taken care of, today is also the date offers are made to some of the others.  They have already announced Matt Boyd to be non-tendered so will they sign the rest or will there be more surprises?

they could non-tender Reyes.  And I'd be OK with that.  There are five guys ahead of him going into next season, though he would be a nice safety net at Toledo.

14 minutes ago, Tenacious D said:

they could non-tender Reyes.  And I'd be OK with that.  There are five guys ahead of him going into next season, though he would be a nice safety net at Toledo.

I think Reyes is alright as a 4th OF option because he can play anywhere in the OF.   He just has to avoid his Rayburnitis of hitting like crap early and hitting like an all-star when the team's already out of the playoff picture. 

Just now, Motor City Sonics said:

I think Reyes is alright as a 4th OF option because he can play anywhere in the OF.   He just has to avoid his Rayburnitis of hitting like crap early and hitting like an all-star when the team's already out of the playoff picture. 

He is going to be the head of the union when he retires.  

3 minutes ago, gehringer_2 said:

I'll counter point on that one - I think they will keep Reyes.

At this point...

I think so too.

If anyone is treading thin ice I think it's Short, who can be easily replaced by another no-bat, good glove SS that we can pick up off the scrap heap in ST. Maybe even get Short back in camp if he hasn't caught on anywhere... on a minor league deal....

7 minutes ago, Motor City Sonics said:

Yes, that's a joke.  They moved into a new ugly-ass stadium when the old one was just fine.   

Got it. My son lived in the Dallas area for a while. I remember the previous one. I believe at least one of the then CBS radio stations had studios and offices in the complex. Of course that was nearly 20 years ago. Still seems new compared to Comerica, and places like Milwaukee and Pittsburgh. Not to mention "New Comiskey" which I watched being built during our early days in Chicago

Just now, CMRivdogs said:

Got it. My son lived in the Dallas area for a while. I remember the previous one. I believe at least one of the then CBS radio stations had studios and offices in the complex. Of course that was nearly 20 years ago. Still seems new compared to Comerica, and places like Milwaukee and Pittsburgh. Not to mention "New Comiskey" which I watched being built during our early days in Chicago

It was a nice stadium, it was as wasteful as demolishing The Palace.  Just stupid.      Because it was too hot?   You didn't know how hot it gets in Texas when you built it?    

3 minutes ago, Motor City Sonics said:

It was a nice stadium, it was as wasteful as demolishing The Palace.  Just stupid.      Because it was too hot?   You didn't know how hot it gets in Texas when you built it?    

Pretty much.

The old stadium has some character, the new stadium has the ambiance of a Costco

1 minute ago, lordstanley said:

Fresh Beat Band party did a longer set by 10 minutes. 
Just don’t go to any Caillou appearance. 

My daughter's softball team and later most of my league used a target of Caillou to practice accurate throwing.   Kids who are not whiny 4 year olds hate that Canadian runt.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, buddha said:

as polarizing as iglesias and castellanos.

people will complain about him dogging it and making mental errors when he screws up a play by trying to make a spectacular highlight play on a routine grounder, or just messing up a play because he isnt paying attention.

most cubs fans i know are like "good luck with that roller coaster."  

i expect 250/300/450.  i hope for 290/350/500.  he's got power and speed and defense, but he'll swing at everything.  he'll drive you nuts.

I'd be happy to split the difference. 270/320/475 would be solid. 

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Motor City Sonics said:

The Palace is a different situation. That made a lot of sense. LCA was getting built no matter what. They didn't build LCA to replace The Palace. The Pistons had the opportunity to move into a brand new building and Oakland County can make better use of that land. It was a win-win. This stadium in Texas is fixing what should have been done 25 years ago.