2021-22 Tigers Hot Stove League

RatkoVarda

Based on everything Al has said "no drunken sailor" and "measured approach" Baez seems a fit and as we have all noticed Al basically tells everyone what he is trying to do. I am perfectly fine with Baez and sure it will be 6 years or less and 150 or less. Might even be 6/150 with an opt out after year 2 or 3. Not Correa but a HUGE lift for our team all in the same.

6 minutes ago, chasfh said:

Hot take from Harris Frommer, whoever he is.

Lynn Henning retweeted it lol.

I do think he makes a fair point in that it isn't clear who out there may have offered more for Correa than the Tigers. It's the best natural fit on a number of levels.

Edited by mtutiger

17 minutes ago, mtutiger said:

Lynn Henning retweeted it lol.

I do think he makes a fair point in that it isn't clear who out there may have offered more for Correa than the Tigers. It's the best natural fit on a number of levels.

Just to expound upon this...

In terms of Correa, a lot of time has been spent on the Tigers willingness to spend $300+ mil, not much has been spent talking about whether others are willing to give $300+ mil for Correa's services.

Do we really know that others will at this point?

Edited by mtutiger

1 hour ago, mtutiger said:

Just to expound upon this...

In terms of Correa, a lot of time has been spent on the Tigers willingness to spend $300+ mil, not much has been spent talking about whether others are willing to give $300+ mil for Correa's services.

Do we really know that others will at this point?

since when have baseball owners never not spent huge money on star players?

its the middle class that are getting squeezed.  the star guys almost always get paid.

correa isnt likely to take less than lindor.  i doubt baez takes less than what the cubs were supposedly offering him.

18 minutes ago, buddha said:

since when have baseball owners never not spent huge money on star players?

Sure.

But as of the moment, based on reporting, who is the team aside from the Tigers likely to give Correa more than 300 million? Can you name the team that is sitting out there who will give him Lindor money?

I don't have an answer for either of those questions at the moment. Doesn't mean they don't exist, we just don't know 

Edited by mtutiger

55 minutes ago, mtutiger said:

Sure.

But as of the moment, based on reporting, who is the team aside from the Tigers likely to give Correa more than 300 million? Can you name the team that is sitting out there who will give him Lindor money?

I don't have an answer for either of those questions at the moment. Doesn't mean they don't exist, we just don't know 

houston?  texas?  los angeles?

there are always teams that pop up willing to spend big money.

but we shall see.  i'm just guessing.

20 minutes ago, buddha said:

houston?  texas?  los angeles?

there are always teams that pop up willing to spend big money.

but we shall see.  i'm just guessing.

Texas is the only one I see who would do it for Correa. Maybe.

It just seems like this is all part of a negotiation. And the Tigers, for their part, may just be trying to get the best possible deal for one of these guys versus just going hog wild and giving Lindor money away without doing due diligence.

We don't know. I feel like people just see Jon Heyman tweets and lose their minds without understanding that there are motives to any leak.

Edited by mtutiger