2022 NFL Draft Thread

Mr.TaterSalad

My concerns on Hamilton are more around his injury and his pedestrian 40 time.    I’d hope if they reached this high for safety that he’d be an athletic freak.  

Still, thus draft is weak at the top so it’s ripe for taking a  risk on someone .  The same reason that I like taking a flyer on Malik Willis would also apply for a guy like Hamilton.   

4 hours ago, Motor City Sonics said:

You know the Lions have taken Sewell aside and asked him about Kayvon and asked him to be honest.    I think that's who they are taking at #2 unless they can maybe move down and pick up an extra draft pick or two.    Or maybe Sewell has told them he wasn't a good teammate and to avoid him.   

I forgot the Sewell angle and that they played together. I would have to imagine they've talked to Sewell about what type of teammate he was and the attitude he had on and off the field.

Atlanta, Carolina and Seattle and even Pittsburgh are desperate for a QB.   Marcus Mariota and Mitch Trubisky are placeholders.   Malik Wills' stock is rising quickly (as QBs do right before the draft).   Either Jax makes a deal, which would give the Lions Hutchinson or the Lions might be able to make a deal.   So what if they slide down  to 6, 8, or 9 - they can probably pick up an extra 2nd round pick this year and a 1st round pick next year.   That's the dream scneario.  6 picks in the first 3 rounds this year,   3 first rounders next year.  That's how you build a team quickly (if you draft right).

I think Baker Mayfield ends up in Houston as Davis Mills Insurance and Jimmy G signs with Seattle to be a placeholder for their next guy.  

3 hours ago, Motor City Sonics said:

Atlanta, Carolina and Seattle and even Pittsburgh are desperate for a QB.   Marcus Mariota and Mitch Trubisky are placeholders.   Malik Wills' stock is rising quickly (as QBs do right before the draft).   Either Jax makes a deal, which would give the Lions Hutchinson or the Lions might be able to make a deal.   So what if they slide down  to 6, 8, or 9 - they can probably pick up an extra 2nd round pick this year and a 1st round pick next year.   That's the dream scneario.  6 picks in the first 3 rounds this year,   3 first rounders next year.  That's how you build a team quickly (if you draft right).

I think Baker Mayfield ends up in Houston as Davis Mills Insurance and Jimmy G signs with Seattle to be a placeholder for their next guy.  

Jimmy G can’t sign anywhere.  The 9ers didn’t release him. As of now it’s still Jimmy G and Lance in San Fran. 

I don't see the Lions taking a QB this draft either.  I think first and foremost they just don't love any of them but I also think they want to give Goff a full year with better weapons and health for him and see how things go.

Him and the team played much better the last 6 weeks after he returned from injury and St. Brown emerged, I think Holmes and company want to see if they can do that for a full year. If a Trevor Lawrence was sitting there I'm sure they would take him but that isn't the case. 

On 3/28/2022 at 5:51 PM, Motor City Sonics said:

You know the Lions have taken Sewell aside and asked him about Kayvon and asked him to be honest.    I think that's who they are taking at #2 unless they can maybe move down and pick up an extra draft pick or two.    Or maybe Sewell has told them he wasn't a good teammate and to avoid him.   

Exactly. Sewell will give them the advantage of having intel as to what kind of person Thibodeaux really is Holmes will be as informed as can be on him because talentwise, he's the clear choice at 2 or even 1 to be honest.

Just now, Motown Bombers said:

Is Gardner a no because he played at Cincinnati? He held his own against Alabama and one scouting report compares him to Richard Sherman but Gardner has even more speed. The Lions are hosting Gardner so there seems to be some interest. 

i dont want to take a corner that high.  i'd rather take a defensive end or a qb.

2 minutes ago, buddha said:

i dont want to take a corner that high.  i'd rather take a defensive end or a qb.

I don't want to draft Ziggy Ansah over Richard Sherman just because he's a defensive end. In a normal draft I would agree but no one really stands out so taking a safety or CB that high would not bother me. 

21 minutes ago, Motown Bombers said:

I don't want to draft Ziggy Ansah over Richard Sherman just because he's a defensive end. In a normal draft I would agree but no one really stands out so taking a safety or CB that high would not bother me. 

It depends on what Ziggy you get. If you draft Thibs or Walker and they are contributing like 2015 Ziggy and averaging 15 sacks and 35 tackles a season I'm taking that all day, everyday.

On 3/29/2022 at 3:28 PM, Motown Bombers said:

The Lions have apparently have been talking with teams about trading the #2 pick. That is probably to be expected. A trade down where they can get Hamilton or Walker would be ideal. 

This is the absolute best strategy. If you can move down, stay in the top 12 or so. And then pick up a 2nd rd pick this year and an additional 1st next year then you do it.