2022 NFL Draft Thread

Mr.TaterSalad

You can never have too many weapons in the NFL so if they could get Robinson for their 4th I wouldn't be against it assuming they got the outside receiver with 32 or 34.

Two WR in 4 rounds may seem excessive given all the holes on the team but the NFL nowadays is built on offense and playmakers so like I said you can never have too many weapons in the NFL.

I should've prefaced it with I personally don't know how he is going to fair in the NFL cause I haven't watched him much at all since until now he wasn't on my radar cause like others I was looking at bigger receivers but if Holmes and Co. were to draft him they obviously would be believers which in turn would make me one. 

Edited by RandyMarsh

15 minutes ago, Motown Bombers said:

Damn I love that trade for the Eagles. Let's cross out the 19th and 18th pick for simplicity sake. They essentially traded the 16th for a likely higher 1st next year, a 3rd and a 2nd. Even though the 2nd is 2 years away its still a big asset.

Also with 3 1sts this draft they could afford to give up one now for one in the future this way they don't put all their eggs in one basket in this draft. They will now be in prime position to move up and take a qb next year if/ when Hurts fails.

Edited by RandyMarsh

lions better trade out of #2 and get at least one #1 picm next year or just draft willis this year, because too many teams are either gonna need a qb and be able to draft one high next year because they will be worse than detroit this year (carolina, atlanta) or will have more ammo than detroit to trade up and get one if they want to (houston, philly).

Edited by buddha

Some folks are speculating that NO is positioning themselves to try to move up and grab a qb this year. Would you take their 2 firsts and their 2nd(49 overall) for number 2?

Birkett says that according to the ole chart that is a little light but if you don't really love anybody at 2 and want to pick up extra capital perhaps you would be willing to "lose" the trade according to what you normally expect to get. 

19 minutes ago, RandyMarsh said:

Some folks are speculating that NO is positioning themselves to try to move up and grab a qb this year. Would you take their 2 firsts and their 2nd(49 overall) for number 2?

Birkett says that according to the ole chart that is a little light but if you don't really love anybody at 2 and want to pick up extra capital perhaps you would be willing to "lose" the trade according to what you normally expect to get. 

nope.  need a #1 for next year.

With how many good qbs have been demanding trades of late who's to say we have to get our next qb in this or next years draft?

If Holmes builds up a good enough roster around us, in 1 or. 2 years if one of those guys comes available maybe we could be the ones that they ask to be traded to.

I don't get New Orleans' angle if they're done with what they did today. The consensus is that the draft class this year is weaker than usual, so why do you trade away future assets for mid-first talent? Particularly when this far out it's difficult to say exactly who will be there? And when you are lacking a franchise QB and are clearly not in "win-now" mode.

I think the only way this really makes sense for them is if it is a set-up for another move to go up and get one of Willis or Pickett.

38 minutes ago, MichiganCardinal said:

I don't get New Orleans' angle if they're done with what they did today. The consensus is that the draft class this year is weaker than usual, so why do you trade away future assets for mid-first talent? Particularly when this far out it's difficult to say exactly who will be there? And when you are lacking a franchise QB and are clearly not in "win-now" mode.

I think the only way this really makes sense for them is if it is a set-up for another move to go up and get one of Willis or Pickett.

new orleans might think this draft class is good.

McShay has us now taking Walker, Ridder and Dax Hill with our first 3 picks. I'm starting to like Walker and would be perfectly fine with him, I'd be content with Hill but would rather have Lewis Cine who he mocked a couple picks later but again I don't understand the QB pick at 32.

I don't know if it's just lazy mocking, guys see that we likely don't have a long term QB so they just lazily throw a flawed one at us at 32 or if they actually are getting intel that the Lions are serious about taking one there, hopefully for our case it's the former.   

I find it hard top believe that the organization views and values Ridder as the better QB than Willis. The Bears valued Trubisky more than Watson and Mahomes, so anything is possible. I just don't see why you'd take a less athletic, but equally flawed QB in Ridder over Willis. If the Lions did what McShay is proposing I'd be very disappointed as I don't want any of the QBs, but certainly don't want Ridder over Willis.

20 minutes ago, Mr.TaterSalad said:

I find it hard top believe that the organization views and values Ridder as the better QB than Willis. The Bears valued Trubisky more than Watson and Mahomes, so anything is possible. I just don't see why you'd take a less athletic, but equally flawed QB in Ridder over Willis. If the Lions did what McShay is proposing I'd be very disappointed as I don't want any of the QBs, but certainly don't want Ridder over Willis.

To be fair, a lot of draft experts valued Trubisky over Watson and Mahomes. 

1 hour ago, Motown Bombers said:

To be fair, a lot of draft experts valued Trubisky over Watson and Mahomes. 

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/mitchell-trubisky/32005452-5521-5336-8519-c8cb45ea9b74

"pro bowl talent"

comp: matt stafford

7.0 grade

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/deshaun-watson/32005741-5433-8355-e029-e49022cf4b81

6.8 grade.

comp: marcus mariota

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/patrick-mahomes/32004d41-4840-1939-e4c1-bb89191b4e71

6.3 grade!  

comp: jay cutler

Not counting trade downs and just pitching things that could realistically happen... atleast if the pundits rankings are similar to teams, I think my option A is going with 3 GA guys with our first 3 picks. Walker, Cine and Pickens.

Pickens is coming off an injury but I think he is the perfect WR that we are looking for. Big, physical, plays on the outside and has some speed considering his size with his 40 reportedly being in the 4.45 range. 

15 hours ago, MichiganCardinal said:

Maybe. Even so I think this is something I wouldn’t want to pull the trigger on until Draft Night. See how the board starts to fall.

Cap issues too are coming due. They have to get younger and cheaper now